Mission and Purpose
To hold the high watch for abundance and prosperity for Unity on Cape Cod. We meet once a month, usually the second Thursday of each month at 1:30 pm. to discuss the finances of Unity on Cape Cod. We are stewards of the divine substance flowing through our spiritual center and serve as an advisory team to the Board of Trustees.
The Finance team consists of the Treasurer of the board, the office administrator, the minister, and anyone who is interested in the finances of our spiritual center. We review the budget each month and make financial recommendations to the board to help Unity grow and thrive. Fiscal responsibility and transparency are our guiding rules.
Abundance and prosperity are the spiritual laws we practice.
1. First and foremost, a member of the finance team should be someone who is practicing prosperity principles in their personal life. If they have not attended classes and workshops in abundance and prosperity in the past, it is strongly recommended they complete a class or workshop in alignment with Unity and its principles before joining the team.
2. Persons on the team must be active, voting members of Unity on Cape Cod.
4. To avoid conflicts of interest, finance team members cannot be married to or be a life-partner of an employee of Unity on Cape Cod.
5. Must be able to attend and participate in most Finance Team meetings.
6. Maintains confidentiality with the content of meeting discussions.
7. Each person understands and accepts that the Finance Team functions as an advisory entity ONLY and makes recommendations for the Board’s consideration. The Board of Trustees makes all final financial decisions.
8. Supports the decisions of the majority even if in disagreement.
9. Remember it is a team effort, following the divine example, not my will, but Thy be done.
10. It is also agreed upon by members that any disagreement or difference of opinion stays within the group, and if cannot be resolved among group members, be approached through a process of non-violent communication facilitated by a third party.
11. It is recommended that members of the finance team consider the practice of tithing of their time, talents and their treasure. “We give in love because we love to give.”
12. Finally, turning up the gratitude factor for all the many gifts with which we are blessed will always keep us on the path of humble service to divine principle working in us through us and as us.