The Mission of the Membership Ministry
To support Unity on Cape Cod by bringing clarity, ease, and grace to the path of membership.
What Membership Means
- Only members can vote on important church matters – election of Trustees, purchase of real estate, calling of a special meeting, etc.
- Becoming a member is an important step that demonstrates your commitment to this church, our spiritual community, and Unity as your spiritual path.
- Membership is a public affirmation of Unity’s place in your life and in our world. It inspires others to consider taking this same step.
- As a member of Unity, you are a part of a growing group, around the world, that stands for the universal principle that God is Love and present in all people.
The Path to Membership
Anyone can belong to our Unity community and participate in spiritual and volunteer activities, except those activities reserved for voting members.
After deciding that Unity is the place where you feel at home spiritually, you can become an official member by taking the class, An Encounter with the Five Principles and be able participate in all member activities, such as voting for board members and leading one of our ministry teams.
- Participate in the church for at least six consecutive months.
- Complete our spiritual enrichment course: Exploring the Five Unity Principles
- Enter into our Membership Covenant
Membership information meetings, spiritual enrichment courses, and membership celebration ceremonies are offered periodically throughout the year.
- I acknowledge Unity on Cape Cod as my spiritual home, a place where I am spiritually nurtured and supported.
- I will make spiritual awakening a priority in my life.
- I will include Unity in my daily prayer practice.
- I will include our Spiritual Center in my financial planning.
- I will volunteer for sacred service at Unity.
- I will extend myself to guests and newcomers.
- I will participate in maintenance and stewardship of our building and property.
- I understand and I am aligned with the basic teachings of Unity.
- I will participate in making decisions for our Spiritual Center.
- I will make every effort to attend all membership meetings of Unity on Cape Cod.
- I will acknowledge the divinity within myself and others at every opportunity.