Youth and Family Ministry
SPARKS Online Sacred Service
Sundays 10:00 am
We invite all children & family members to join us in this fun & exciting journey of celebrating our God selves with other kids by “Creating Community, Celebrating Love & Transforming Lives.”
Theresa Lawn is the Director of Youth and family Ministry and Jenny James is a Spiritual Youth educator. Together they create a light filled experience where your child will flourish.
Our youth program is based in Unity principles and teachings, which help young people have a positive experience of life and to believe in their innate divinity, dignity and self-worth. The SPARKS program creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance.
If you have children or know of children who would like to attend Unity, we want you to know that SPARKS is waiting for you with open arms and open hearts.
Youth and Family Ministry
Unity on Cape Cod recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome. Unity Creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance.
- Beholds all children as whole and perfect expressions of God.
- Empowers children to fulfill their divine potential.
- Teaches children to meditate and pray.
- Invites children to experience a loving God.
- Unity provides a strong spiritual foundation for children’s lives.
We love you. We bless you. We behold the light in you, and we accept you just the way you are!
“Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.” Mark 10:14
A Living Curriculum
Unity lessons are based on a living curriculum philosophy. This approach affirms that which is learned is not contained in the guidance materials, but lives within the children and teens themselves.
Myrtle Fillmore, co-founder of Unity was the inspiration for this philosophy. She believed that our mission is, “not to entertain the children, but to draw them out.” The focus of the Living Curriculum, according to Myrtle’s view is one of unfoldment of the soul. This approach honors the wisdom within each individual and uses storytelling and creative experiences to “draw out” the truth they already know.
R e Joy Sing
Unity’s 5 Basic Principles Modified for children
Our youth program is based in Unity principles and teachings, which help young people have a positive experience of life and to believe in their innate divinity, dignity and self-worth. God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the Truth
- I know. I make a difference.