Team leader Rev. Patricia Conte-Nelson (Interfaith).
Liaison, Rev. Tony
To hold sacred space for the congregation, leadership, members and guests of Unity On Cape Cod. Providing our spiritual center with prayer chaplain services and training new prayer chaplains as the opportunity arises. To organize and inspire prayer partners and handle written prayer requests. To participate in the weekly prayer call and hold Unity on Cape Cod in your daily prayer life.
Let Us Pray With You
Prayer is at the heart of Unity, and prayer is a heart-to-heart connection that links all people spiritually with each other and with God. This spirituality, which transcends all religions, represents a oneness-a unity. And we can best access this spiritual unity through the silence of prayer.
Every Tuesday morning a group of us gather on my conference line 605-475-6711 pin # 7371664# to pray together. We speak the names of those we want prayer for and I read the names of all the Prayer Requests in the Prayer Box as well as any Prayer Requests people email me. I mail them to Silent Unity, Unity’s worldwide prayer service, where they are held for 30 days more. You receive a copy of the email I send out every Sunday night reminding people to join us on the call if they can or to pray with us in Spirit wherever they are. Team Leader Chaplain Program & Prayer Rev. Patricia Conte- Nelson (Interfaith). firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like us to support you in prayer, please send me an email at email@example.com. Your prayer request will always be held in a sacred trust of confidentiality. You can also click HERE to access the online prayer request at Silent Unity; Unity’s worldwide prayer ministry.
Become a Chaplain
Dear Chaplains and future Chaplains,
I have included below some of what you would find in the Unity Chaplain Manual.
Hopefully everyone has or is reading The Five Principles which is the foundation of our membership course. It is really the foundation of the Chaplain Program. As you will see from the Requirements to be a Chaplain below, it is the #1 requirement.
The Requirements to be a Chaplain are as follows:
- Demonstrate a commitment to Unity principles
- Show genuine interest in, and respect for, the well-being of congregants and other Chaplains.
- Have a willingness to hold a spiritual space of possibility, trusting that God is in charge.
Holding spiritual space is to hold in consciousness (awareness) a place of possibilities.
Regardless of the circumstances, situation, knowing God to be greater than. We hold God’s presence and power in the moment as the moment.
As Chaplains, the more we practice the Presence, the more our consciousness shifts from: to me, by me, as me….to: through me.
When we can know for ourselves that God in us is greater than (fill in the blank..), we can then hold that spiritual space for others. Our intention to know; that is the beginning.
We must be willing to ask for gentle releasing of thoughts, feelings, old beliefs, old concepts of lack and limitation. This clears the space for the golden light of God’s unconditional, limitless love.
Our work as Chaplains is to keep our prayer life consistent so Spirit can gently and continually free us of clutter, “Create a clean heart in me, O God!” I invite the activity of the Holy Spirit – God – to suspend all disbelief.
Daily forgiveness of others and ourselves facilitates our ability to “hold a spiritual space.” Holy – Whole – Hallowed. As a Chaplain, we are part of a community within a community. Right here and now, as we interact with our fellow Chaplains, we can practice walking the talk. Having compassion for one another is essential to maturing spiritually.
- Have the ability to hold all that you hear in strict confidence.
- Have a willingness to learn to listen actively and empathetically.
- Have a willingness to pray for others.
- Be a member or be willing to become a member at the first available membership class.
- Be willing to maintain a personal prayer life.
- Be willing to accept and complete each assignment given with a cheerful heart.
- Be willing to be present at services for Chaplain duty.
- Be willing to attend orientation and training sessions.
Through listening and respect for individuality, honor fellow Chaplain’s growth processes as well as your own.
Seven Conditions of Prayer:
- God should be recognized as Father/Creator/Source.
- Oneness with God should be acknowledged.
- Prayer must be made within, in “the secret place.” (Psalms 91)
- The door must be closed on all thoughts and interests of the outer world.
- The one who prays must believe that he/she has received.
- The kingdom of God must be desired above all things, and sought first.
- The mind must let go of every unforgiving thought.
General Guidelines for Affirmative Prayer:
- State the need.
- Become still.
- Deny our belief in the condition. Ask Holy Spirit – God – to suspend all disbelief. (Release false beliefs & assumptions.)
- Affirm the Truth as it is in Spirit. I am one with God….with LIGHT, LOVE and LIFE.
- Attain a realization in consciousness…..unify with it – feel into it.
- Give thanks in advance.
It is an honor to be doing this wonderful work with all of you.