Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity, based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer.
- Unity honors the spiritual wisdom in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.
- We believe that God is Spirit, the loving source of all that is, one power, all good, and everywhere. God is divine energy continually expressing through all creation. In God we live and move and have our being.
- We believe that Jesus fully expressed the divine potential that is in all of us. He sought to show us how to express ours. Jesus is a master teacher of the universal spiritual truths. In Unity, we use the term “Christ” to express the divinity present in all humankind.
- We believe that each individual is an expression of God. Our essential nature is divine and our purpose is to express that divine potential. The more we awaken to our divine nature, the more fully God expresses through us.
- Unity emphasizes the creative power of thought in our life experience. When we take personal responsibility to choose life-affirming thoughts, words, actions, we create a more fulfilling and abundant life and a world that works for us all.
“ I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
In summation, Unity emphasizes the divine potential within every person and teaches that through a practical understanding and application of what Jesus taught, everyone can realize and express their divine potential for a happier, fuller and more successful life.